Course starts every Monday
This 8-week course prepares you for the CompTIA Project+ certification exam. Gaining this certification shows that you have the fundamental skills required to oversee projects' life cycle, execute essential project management tasks, and pursue a career in project management.
CompTIA's Project+ certification is an entry-level certification designed for professionals who want to gain fundamental skills in project management. This course will cover methodologies, frameworks, and Agile skills necessary to efficiently manage and deliver IT projects while taking new topics like change management and compliance into consideration Students will receive hands-on experience through online labs, activities, assessments, projects, and challenging scenario-based exercises that reinforce curriculum topics.
Project-based learning: Exams, labs, and capstone project
Live lecture: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays (Live lectures will be scheduled on Eastern Time, according to instructor availability)
Office hours: Mondays and Fridays (Office hours will be scheduled on Eastern Time, according to instructor availability)
Certification exam fee included: Voucher for certification exam included
- Module 1: Preparing for the project and project frameworks.
- Module 2: Initiating the project and facilitating meetings.
- Module 3: Implementing solution designs.
- Module 4: Managing resources and risk.
- Module 5: Creating project schedules and project plan.
- Module 6: Procuring solutions and managing project execution.
- Module 7: Managing issues and changes.
- Module 8: Managing performance and wrapping up the project.
All materials are included within the course.
Measure of Performance
Upon completion, you will be ready to sit for the CompTIA Project+ exam and:
- Be knowledgeable on the properties of project, phases, schedules, roles and responsibilities, and cost controls, as well as the basic aspects of Agile methodology.
- Identify the impact of various constraint variables and influences throughout the project and the importance of risk strategies and activities.
- Be familiar with various project management tools and project and partner-centric documentation.
While no previous experience is required, we recommend having 6-12 months of hand-on experience in project management.