4 to 6 Months
This program will build upon students’ existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer software and hardware in order to present fundamental concepts and techniques that technicians use every day on the job. Upon completing this course, students will gain the essential skills and technical expertise necessary to install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, repair and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) Certification exams. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) Certification exams. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Hardware: Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components, devices, and connectors
- Windows Operating System: Installing and supporting the Windows OS including command line and client support
- Software Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting PC, laptop, and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking: Understanding types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI, and SOHO
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting device and network issues
- Security: Identifying and protecting against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
- Mobile Devices: Installing and configuring laptops and other mobile devices (wearable technology, fitness monitors, etc.) including cloud computing
- Other OS and Technologies: Understanding the Mac OS, Linux, and mobile OS
- Operational Procedures: Following best practices for safety, environmental impacts, communication, and professionalism
All materials are included within the course.
Measure of Performance
After completing this program, learners will have the option to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
|CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1101) & Core 2 (220-1102)
No previous experience is required