Our phlebotomy certification program includes three courses: Professionalism in Allied Health, Intro to Human Anatomy and Medical Terminology and Phlebotomy.
In medical and diagnostic laboratories, patient interaction is sometimes only with the phlebotomist, which allows a unique opportunity to positively impact the patient’s experience. Because customer service is a priority in situations where direct patient care or other patient/client interaction occurs, we’ve included our Professionalism in Allied Health course.
Throughout the Phlebotomy Technician program, students will learn to:
- Gain knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, anatomy and physiology
- Become familiar with healthcare settings and the role of the phlebotomy technician
- Understand the responsibilities of patient care and safety related to preparation and collection complications
- Grasp the importance of customer service, communication skills and professionalism
- Appreciate the role of HIPAA, OSHA, COLA, and CLIA-waived testing
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Specimen Processor
- Pathology Laboratory Technician
- Endoscopy Technician
- Emergency Room Technician
- Blood Bank Technologist
All materials are included within the course.
Measure of Performance
After completion of our Phlebotomy training program, you will have the knowledge to pass the Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) exam, issued through the NHA (National Healthcareer Association), and begin your career in healthcare.
High School Diploma or GED