4 - 6 Months
This program prepares students for a role in supporting computer users by installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing computers, hardware, wired and wireless networks. Upon completing this course, students will be able to support the IT infrastructure through installing and configuring systems to secure applications, networks, and devices as well as perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques allowing end users to connect to the data they need in order to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) and CompTIA Network+ Certification exams. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion. Course cost includes all exam fees. WIOA approved program.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Hardware: Identify, use, and connect hardware components and devices
- Software Troubleshooting: Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking: Understand types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI, and SOHO
- Mobile Devices: Install and configure laptops and other mobile devices
- Other OS and Technologies: Understand the Mac OS, Linux, and mobile OS
- Networking Concepts: Understand the purpose of a variety of networking concepts and implement them appropriately
- Infrastructure: Determine the appropriate cabling, device, and storage technologies for a given situation
- Network Operations: Use best practices to manage the network
- Network Security: Understand the common network attacks and securing wired and wireless networks
- Network Troubleshooting: Effectively implement network troubleshooting methodologies
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field. Course cost includes all exam fees.
Optional Volunteer Externship Opportunity
Learners who complete this program are eligible to participate in an optional volunteer externship opportunity with a local company/agency/organization whose work aligns with this area of study in order to gain valuable hands-on experience. As learners progress through their eLearning program, an Externship Coordinator will reach out to coordinate placement.
Note: Additional documentation including health records, immunizations, drug-screening, criminal background checks, etc. may be required by the externship facility.
Measure of Performance
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.